Silica Packets

Put in Garbage

Rip Open and Throw Away

Silica is made from an inert, non-toxic substance that can absorb water. Consuming large amounts of this gel can be dangerous for small children and pets, so tear open these packets and toss out.

Ways to Reuse


Use as Drying Agent

Put silica packets in places where moisture is unwelcome, from vehicle dashboards to mold-prone corners of your home. Store them with household items at risk for mold or water damage, or use them to dry out water-damaged electronics.